Saturday, September 22, 2012

Baby Shower


Today was the day! I was throwing my first ever Baby Shower! I will admit that up 'til the event I was extremely nervous. What if I bomb? What if I’m boring? What if I *gasp* start stuttering? What do I say when people talk to me? What do I say if they don't?
I try to avoid crowds like the plague, especially busy social events. I have no idea why they make me nervous, so I continue to throw myself into situations that will hopefully make me overcome it. Of course if you get me one-on-one and I feel comfortable you probably won’t be able to get me to STOP talking or being goofy.
I love the sound of laughter and will do or say anything to make it happen! They do say laughter is the best medicine. :) And laughter seems to open up new friendships, connections, even possibilities within ourselves. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've heard “You were so quiet and shy when we first met, I never knew you were so fun!” Um, well, I’m not sure what to think (or say) when I hear that, but I usually hear it when I’ve just been laughing with someone. If you think about it, aren’t there a lot of times when laughing with a friend has made an awful day seem so much better? Or when laughing with a stranger gave you an instant connection? Enjoying life together is what overcomes fear and draws us closer.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment