Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Valentines(a day late)

Every year when Valentines or Sweetest day come around my husband starts with the 'you know it was just a made up holiday so the greeting card company could make money' blah blah blah. Yes, I know that, but it doesn't stop me from thinking that is one of the most romantic days of the year. Wednesday night after the girls went to bed, hubby had to run to the store to pick up some diapers after his class, and as you can guess he did his last minute shopping. You know the one, where they run through the store thinking of the things that you make you happy, like chocolate and a card. Which with as busy as he's been I'm happy that he remembered(course I might have been reminding him a 100x's a day). Yes I did actually get him something, in fact, every week that I have been grocery shopping I would pick up something to stick in his lunch box as a surprise, so he was getting Valentines surprises 2x's a week for almost a month! I'll admit that I was doing it to hit constantly so he wouldn't forget.Yesterday the girls we're getting better(or so I thought), but we stayed home anyways because 1. we woke up late 2. to tired to drag them out after running around the day before. I am still shocked that Maia didn't wake up until 11:30 am! Mind you, it might have had something to do with the fact that we were up at 3:30 doing the albuterol treatment on the nebulizer and she didn't want to go back to sleep. When you put her in her crib the fun begins, 'Wheres bunny, I want bunny momma, where's my juice, I want princess blanket, tuck me in(she rolls over), I can't find my juice(it's right beside her where SHE put it), tuck me in mommy' and so on. It takes forever, but if you don't do it you have to listen to the screaming. Now I could just put her in her room and let her scream it out but 1. shes sick and 2. Emily shares a room with her and I can't stand to have 2 whiney kids. Which is why I put up with it, to give some resemblance of sanity.The girls and I made their foam Valentine craft projects that were I guess suppose to be cards. Emily loves to do crafts and was very excited, where as Maia had no clue as to what we were doing and just knew that Emily's excited so that it must be fun and I want to join in to. I am still having a hard time learning patience with Maia, you tell her to wait, stop, push the button, ect, and she will do the complete opposite. 30 min's later we have 1 deformed bee and monkey made and we are all so proud. Emily because she got to make hers, maia because....well, she just thought it was fun, and me because I didn't get frustrated once! After dealing with sick kids all day I was not in the mood to make dinner, so pizza and a movie it was. Besides, it's not like the kids are eating more then they have to and pizza is nice and soft to chew and swallow. yeah I know, what an excuse to feed your child crap while sick. Hey I did make the, chicken noodle soup for snack later since they didn't eat much.What was I thinking? I should know better then to think one way because it just curses it and then it goes the opposite! Yesterday the girls we're showing a major improvement and getting better and then today came and Emily is awful! I feel so bad for her. Maia went in to wake her up this morning and she was asleep and so peaceful, so of course maia had to flick on the light and climb up to her top bunk. She ended up coming out and sleeping on the living room floor until I told her she should sleep on the couch. Today has been spent still doing nothing but watching tv and movies all day. When you want these days they never come, but when you don't want to sit around you just know it's going to happen! Maia has been running around today lost because her best friend is sick and to miserable to do anything. This is the first time she's played so peacefully before, that's a rare thing to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment